By: Alison Silveira
I love going out and exploring our vibrant city of Toronto, but it had been a long time since I had invited a friend over to watch movies and have dinner. It's the little things in life like spending time with my dear friend and just catching up on the details of our lives that make our bond special.
For dinner, we shared a pepperoni pizza from Pizza Hut and had the chance to try their Ultimate Hershey's Chipits Cookie. Both pizza and cookie were piping hot and fresh. We were looking forward to trying the cookie, which is shaped like a pie, made with Hershey's Chipits chocolate chips and cut into eight sweet slices.
We opted for one slice each with a tablespoon of vanilla bean ice cream. The warm and gooey texture mixed with creamy, cold ice cream was an excellent combination. Although we were craving more, our bellies were saying no, as we were quite stuffed! The Ultimate Hershey's Chipits Cookie is a treat that is best enjoyed by small groups, but we definitely appreciated having leftovers for the next day!
There is nothing quite like the taste of soft, warm and chewy chocolate chip cookies. The Ultimate Hershey's Chipits Cookie is available exclusively at Pizza Hut, but if you would like to nibble on homemade goodies, I have the perfect recipe for Chipits Chewy Milk Chocolate Cookies. As the quintessential classic snack, the treat is easy to make and easier to enjoy!
• 2/3 cup melted butter
• 2 cups lightly packed brown sugar
• 2 eggs
• 2 tbsp hot water
• 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1tsp baking soda
• ¼ tsp salt
• 12/3 cups Chipits Milk Chocolate Chips
1. Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In large bowl, beat melted butter, brown sugar, eggs and hot water until smooth.
3. In medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir into butter mixture until blended.
4. Stir in milk chocolate chips. Drop from small tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool 1 minute; remove to wire rack.
Makes 5 dozen cookies.
The Ultimate Hershey's Chipits Cookie was complimentary. The opinions expressed in my post are genuinely my own.